Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's! (Almost)

St. Patrick's is always a fun holiday at my house, as it is also my mom's birthday. Tradition requires that we have corned beef and cabbage: traditional Irish food. She makes this fabulous dinner and we all shower her with love and presents--I'd say it's a good deal.

This year, Derek and I will have dinner at my parents and enjoy the lovely Irish heritage meal. But I realized today, that I have NO idea how to make corned beef! So, my goal this year: to learn! What am I going to do with my own kids when my mom is far away? I have to be self-sufficient, I suppose.

St. Patrick's also means the coming of green. I am a huge fan of winter, but I must admit-those first signs of spring, snow drops and crocuses, make me feel giddy for a change. I'm looking forward to green on the trees, carpets of green on the ground, and fabulous springs colors in my wardrobe (yay!).
So, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comments:

.kaitlyn. said...

I totally wore a way too spring shade of green cardigan this morning to celebrate the 1st of March. Winter is all fun and good until Christmas passes and the holiday spirit is gone, from there on its boring shmoring and I'm sick of my heavy coat. cheers to march!

Post a Comment