Monday, September 14, 2009

Soup weather is almost here

Kaitlyn,

I adore you. And so do my children. I suspect I will be learning much more from all of you ladies than you will learn from me. But here goes anyway...

Oh, and I cannot take credit for this recipe. My dear friend Suzy made it for me a few years ago, but I have been hooked ever since.

Zucchini Soup

(This amount just makes 3-4 servings, so I usually double it)

Combine and cook the first five ingredients until zucchini is tender and most of the water has evaporated. Mash or puree and set aside.

3 cups unpeeled, sliced zucchini

1/2 cup water

1 tbsp. minced onion

1 tsp. seasoned salt

1/2 tsp. parsley flakes

In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour, butter, pepper and stir until somewhat blended.

2 T butter

2 T flour

1 chicken bullion cube

1/8 tsp white pepper

Add half-and-half and milk to flour/butter mix, cook until thickened. Stir in veggie mix.

1 cup half-and-half (I use the fat-free kind. I know what you are thinking, but it does exist.)

1/2 cup milk

0 comments:

Post a Comment